Sunday, July 18, 2010

Anime review- La Corda D'Oro ~Primo passo~



La Corda D'oro is a classical music themed anime. It was originally a game that was adapted into anime.

It follows the life of Kahoko Hino who studies in Seisou academy which is famous for its musical talent. There are two types of kids in school- ones that belong to the music club and the others who do not pursue music. The music students are considered elit and the girls in school are crazy about the boys in the music division. Hino Kahoko is a normal girl who knows nothing about music. However, one day she is late to school. While trying to run, she is out of breath and sits near the fountain to rest. There, she sees a fairy called Lily who bestows her with a magic violin and forces her to participate in the annual school concert. Kahoko is reluctant at first but later agrees to the fairy's request. She discovers that one of her friends, Ryoutaro secretly plays the piano and urges him to join the concert.

It is a good musical anime. The selection of pieces is good. The character design and animation style is good too.
The romance is all over the place. Everyone in the music club has their eyes on Kahoko so , in the end the viewer is confused. Kahoko does not show feelings for anyone.
The concours are good but generally, the anime lacks any suspense.
The anime appears too short as the results of the last concert are unannounced. Also, in the end, Kahoko has no definite lover. Everyone in the series becomes friends.

Art-4.1
Story-4.1
Characters-3.6
Overall-3.9

Certainly, the anime is not something memorable. It inspired me to learn violin because the pieces were good but the anime is not very special. Unlike Nodame Cantabile, the romance is not serious and the anime lacks any comedy. It completely focuses on music with terrible results.
It is something you can see when you have nothing else to do.

Pros

Music
Art

Cons

Nothing special
Romance is unfocused
Characters are not strong
Keichi and Fuyumi never do well
Not a very good ending

3 comments:

  1. I love La Corda D'oro and I love Len Tsukimori-kun.
    But Kahoko Hino doesn't together with Len at the end.So,I don't like the end.Wish there has more episode.
    they are so cute!
    I love Violin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love La Corda D'oro and I love Len Tsukimori-kun.
    But Kahoko Hino doesn't together with Len at the end.So,I don't like the end.Wish there has more episode.
    they are so cute!
    I love Violin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! La Manga Club Property For Sale

    ReplyDelete